The Recruitment/Training Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic recruitment activities that will attract quality CASA volunteers ensuring high standards of performance of services provided to children by our program. The coordinator will assist administrative processing of pre-service and in-service training to volunteer advocates. This position evaluates volunteers during training and oversees all administrative aspects of the training program. The Recruiting/Training Coordinator is hired by and reports directly to the Executive Director of the organization.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a wide array of personalities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Preference for individuals with experience in presenting to large groups, providing professional development or teaching adults.
- Ability to build strong relationships and a positive reputation within communities served by our organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics associated with child abuse.
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn about the juvenile justice and/or social services system.
- Strong organizational skills with an eye for detail.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Competency with personal computers.
- Commitment to CASA’s goals and mission.
- Complete CASA training and at least 12 hours of continuing education annually.
- Work cooperatively with CASA staff to develop and coordinate a plan to increase the number of new and diverse CASA Volunteer Advocates.
- Coordinate a minimum of 1 outreach activity per month with emphasis on diversifying our volunteer base.
- Ensure outreach documentation is completed and submitted timely.
- Manage requests for more information about becoming a CASA volunteer, ensuring each inquiry is responded to within at least 48 hours.
- Coordinate volunteer information sessions, or CASA 101s, at monthly.
- Coordinate volunteer pre-service interviews, inviting appropriate candidates to attend pre-service training.
- Maintain and track training data in Optima, including pre-service volunteer hours and CEU’s.
- Schedule and assist with four (4) pre-service trainings per year with a minimum of five (5) new volunteers graduating from each class.
- Assist with continuing education classes, alternating counties & time of day, including the preparation of training manuals, arrangements for guest speakers, and facility arrangement.
- Lunch and Learn – one (1) per quarter
- Advocate Meetings and one (1) trainings in Lonoke (monthly) and alternating counties once per quarter.
- One (1) hour training opportunity every month (in conjunction with advocate meetings and one (1) online training opportunity every month.)
- A minimum of three (3) hours of Inclusion and Diversity training to be presented at least annually.
- Assist with the ongoing development of Grand Prairie CASAs volunteer recruitment plan.
- Work in conjunction with CASA staff to develop a coordinated plan to increase the retention rate of our current volunteers (i.e. annual appreciation event, cards for case closings, birthdays, service anniversaries, etc).
- Provide written reports on recruitment and outreach results by the direction of the Executive Director monthly.
- Staff, maintain, and clean the CASA office
- Represent CASA at community civic events within the four (4) county region.
- Assist with fundraising events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Send resume to email@example.com with a subject line of Recruitment/Training Coordinator.